Elderly Assisted Living Residents in Bedford Evacuated After Fire

Residents of an assisted living center in Bedford were evacuated temporarily Friday night due to a fire at the facility. No one was injured when the fire, caused by a dryer, broke out. However, one 90-year-old resident was taken to the hospital for what appeared to be an anxiety attack during the fire at Carriage Hill Retirement Center according to Bedford Assistant Fire Chief Russell Stevens.

When fire-fighters arrived on the scene, facility staff had already moved about 40 residents to different parts of the building that were protected by fire walls.

The fire was contained to one dryer in the home’s laundry room and residents were returned to their rooms as soon as the smoke has subsided. For more, read the story.


Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.