Employees Evacuate Richmond Nursing Home After Fire Scare

Staff at a Richmond nursing home pulled the fire alarm and called 911 after employees smelled smoke at the facility. Facility employees evacuated over 150 residents in response to the smoke. Fire fighters arrived at the facility and determined that the smoke was caused by a faulty heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit. 

Despite the absence of an actual fire, firefighters praised the quick action taken by the facility to protect the residents.  A representative from the facility said that the residents were returned to their rooms and doing well following the evacuation. For more, read the story



Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.


No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.