Fire at Nursing Home Caused by Motorized Wheelchair

Fire Department officials says residents are back in their rooms after a fire broke out at a nursing home earlier this week. The fire chief says a motorized chair caught fire inside a resident's room at about 10 p.m. Tuesday. The fire was contained to the chair.

Employees were able to get the fire out and evacuate all residents in the affected wing before firefighters arrived on the scene. Three employees and five patients at the home were sent to the hospital and were treated for smoke inhalation and exposure to powder from a fire extinguisher. For more, read the story.


Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.