Firefighters Rescue Assisted Living Residents Trapped in Blaze

Firefighters rescued 16 residents trapped in a burning assisted-living apartment facility during a four-alarm fire early Sunday. According to officials, the fire started around 2:30 a.m. when a lit cigarette ignited bark mulch and flames spread up the side of the building.

The building was equipped with sprinklers which triggered alarms as the flames spread through the building. Firefighters rescued residents from the second and third floors, who were calling frantically for help. For more, read the story.


Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.