Nursing Home Fire Starts In Laundry Room

A nursing home facility was disrupted in the middle of the day by a fire. The fire started on the first floor of the facility in the laundry room. A drier started sparks and soon the alarms were set off. Nursing home staff immediately called the fire department who arrived soon after and put the fire out, containing the fire to the first floor.

No injuries resulted from the fire and residents of the facility were evacuated to the cafeteria immediately so the firefighters could do their jobs. Even though no one was hurt there was a lot of smoke and the facility had to air out the building by keeping all the doors and windows open. For more, read the story.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.


No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.