Two Dead After Caregiver at Assisted Living Facility Prepared Soup Using Wild Mushrooms

According to police, two residents of an assisted living facility have died and four others were hospitalized after their caregiver fed them soup made with wild mushrooms. Police who responded to the call from the facility have stated that there was no foul play and the poisoning was accidental.

According to officials, the caregiver who prepared the meal with the mushrooms was among the six people sickened. Three residents were also hospitalized. Police called the incident a tragedy in which the caregiver sincerely did not realize the mushrooms were poisonous. In light of the incident, the State Department of Social Services is investigating the facility.  For more, read the story.


Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.