Woman, 93-years-old, Sues Condo Complex After Third Degree Burns from Bath Water

At 93, Frances Wosmek was still taking twice-daily walks through her neighborhood and still able to drive to see friends. Last March however, things changed after she took a bath. The water in her condo complex was so hot that she was burned so badly she had to have surgery to remove sections of skin.

A lawsuit filed this week in Superior Court alleges that the management company for the condo complex s responsible for failing to correct fluctuating water temperatures. Following the incident, Wosmek spent 21/2 weeks at in the hospital, where she had to undergo surgery to remove the most severely burned tissue.

An investigation of the condo complex revealed prior complaints from residents about the fluctuating water temperature, including a complaint last October that claimed the water coming from the tap was "scalding." Wosmek's attorney claims that the water temperature exceeded the legal limit of 130 degrees, and that the faucet in her bathroom was outdated and unsafe. For more, read the story.


Robert W. Carter, Jr. is a Virginia attorney whose law practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of the victims of nursing home and assisted living neglect and abuse in Richmond, Roanoke, Norfolk, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, and across Virginia.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.